LICEcap is one of the simplest GIF making software. This intuitive software is also much flexible in function and is a very lightweight software with the high level of performance. Whatever is displayed on the desktop can be captured and turned into .GIF with the help of this tool.
- Fastest recording option - LICEcap helps to record anything within a short time. This record will go to the last opened directory or the default GIF file.
- Color modes - There are various color modes, including 128 and 64. These low modes work best with smaller file.
- Window readjustment - The window (136 pixels or lower than it) can be resized easily. However, the users may also lower it to almost 100 pixels as 100 is the highest size that is essential to post any .GIF photo or image on the forum.
- Adjustable frame rate - The frame rate of the animation is also adjustable. The frame rate for smoother animation may vary from 8 to 50.
- Always on Top Tool - It is useful to track anything from the media player. While the window loses its focus prior to recording anything, it will still remain on the top.
- Title frame - This can become visible or remain hidden with ticking or unchecking the option.
- Textboxes - The software helps the users in adding any text to their.gif. There are also the options for adjusting the opacity and the duration of the textbox.